Articles on this Page
- 03/09/10--06:38: _Money Saving Tip #1...
- 03/11/10--06:02: _Money Saving Tip #2...
- 03/12/10--05:42: _Money Saving tip #2...
- 03/22/10--06:36: _Money Saving Tip #3...
- 05/25/10--04:50: _Money Saving Tips #...
- 07/26/10--03:25: _Money Saving Tip #1...
- 07/27/10--03:32: _Everyday Things I D...
- 12/12/10--10:47: _Get an extra $10.00...
- 06/15/11--07:14: _Avocados Or 5 Dolla...
- 03/09/10--06:38: Money Saving Tip #1: Just say no to restaurant soft drinks!
- 03/11/10--06:02: Money Saving Tip #2: You MUST use coupons
- 03/12/10--05:42: Money Saving tip #2 – Part 2: How to use those coupons
- 05/25/10--04:50: Money Saving Tips #4: Spend Now to Save Later
- 07/26/10--03:25: Money Saving Tip #1: Just Say No To Restaurant Soft Drinks!
- 07/27/10--03:32: Everyday Things I Do To Save Money
- 06/15/11--07:14: Avocados Or 5 Dollar Bill?
I was out to lunch with a friend at a local chain restaurant the other day and I started discussing how much soft drinks cost these days. I then picked up the menu to prove my point and the prices were not listed on the menu! I was aghast. When the waitress came to take [...]
A few years ago, I really scrutinized my grocery bill and I was shocked with how much I was really paying for everyday items, without even thinking about it. Part of it was I was working and I didn’t do any preparation for my shopping trips. That day, I began my crusade to reduce [...]
Good morning! Yesterday I wrote about how you can save money by properly preparing yourself before you go shopping, and how to combine coupons with sales to maximize savings. I wanted to provide an example of how to do this by using my most recent receipt from CVS. Keep in mind, I love CVS. You [...]
For years when I was grocery shopping, I assumed that the bigger the box, the better the deal. However, I was wrong, at least in some cases. One of the great pieces of information provided at the grocery store is the ‘per ounce’ cost that is printed on the product tags attached to the shelves [...]
I recognize the title to today’s post may seem a little contradictory. Save money/spend money? Well, I am a big believer in spending some money now to save money in the future. Some of the areas I am willing to pay for now, to save financial pain later is the following: Stockpiling groceries: When we [...]
Well, I am home from vacation, but I am still not back in the swing of things. Therefore, I am going to cheat and ‘rerun’ a post from way back in the beginning of my blog. (OK, not that long ago, March. However, I am sure this post will be new to most, if not [...]
I usually don’t spend a whole lot of money, and I try to stretch what we have as far as possible. I thought I would just share some of the everyday things I do around the house to save money. When drying laundry, I rip my Bounce sheet in half. I found that half a [...]
I mentioned in a previous post how I like to save up all my change throughout the year and cash it in at my local Coinstar machine for gift cards in December. Well, I found out today that Coinstar has a special promotion going on this month! If you cash in $40.00 in change at [...]
I was cleaning up the kitchen the other day when I saw three avocados sitting on the counter, drying up before my very eyes. As I glanced down, I didn’t think of them as avocados anymore. Instead, I saw them as a five dollar bill that was going to be thrown out. That image really [...]